September 17-19, 2014
Best Practices and Innovations in Career and Technical Education
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Best Practices and Innovations:
The 2014 Best Practices and Innovations Conference is an excellent opportunity for CTE educators to showcase programs and to share your expertise with colleagues. A best practice is one that has empirical data documenting the best practice. An innovation is defined as a teacher, school and/or administrative practice that demonstrates innovations in career and technical education, but has not yet validated the practice through empirical data.
The conference will take place Sept. 17-19 in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, at the Cape Codder Resort and Spa ($129 single/double plus 11.7% tax). In addition to the expansion of the conference to include innovations in CTE as well as best practices, we are adding exciting pre-conferences. To learn more, download our brochure.
Leaders in career and technical education from around the country will bring the newest best practices and innovations in Common Core standards/academic integration, CTE’s role in educational reform, business and education partnerships, credentialing/certifications/assessments, college- and career-readiness standards, and performance-based, student-centered instruction and assessment. Bring your own insights, network with decision-makers just like you, and take excellence home with you!
Questions should be directed to Tom Applegate.
Mission, Purpose & Core Values
I. Core Values:
• Professional development
NCLA Purpose: Advancing leadership, advocacy, and professional development for CTE administrators through a network of peers.
NCLA Mission: Creating conversations that result in innovative change.
Top 5 reasons for joining NCLA
- Opportunity for networking on a national level with career and technical administrators.
- Advocacy at national levels for policy initiatives that advance career and technical education.
- A professional newsletter distributed two times a year that spotlights key activities and best practices.
- A professional organization responsible for lobbying and disseminating information around key legislation for career technical education.
- Sponsorship of a fall professional development conference that highlights best practices along with visitations to exemplary Career-Technical Centers and programs.