Connecting National Solutions to Local Challenges
The annual conference co-hosted by the NCLA and the Administration Division of the Association for Career and Technical Education® (ACTE®) is specifically focused on the professional development for administrators of both secondary and post-secondary career and technical education programs and institutions.
- October 7-9, 2020
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel
- North Falmouth (Cape Cod), Massachusetts
Registration Is Open!
Distinguished Service Award
About the Award
The Distinguished Service Award recognizes individuals and organizations who have provided extraordinary service to Career Technical Education and NCLA. The recipient has made a significant and lasting impact on the field of Career Technical Education through their professional accomplishments and by having served in this profession for an extended period. They have also earned the respect and admiration of their colleagues.
This award is presented whenever a worthy recipient is identified. Presentation of the award takes place at the annual Best Practices Conference held in September.
Click here for nomination form
Previous Award Recipients
2019: Dr. Bryan Albrecht
2018: Ora Morgan and Thom Jones
2017: None awarded
2016: Janet Bray
2015: Doug Major
2014: Jeanette Capshaw
2013: Marilyn Jenkins
2012: Tom Friedemann and Tom Applegate
2011: Greg Pierce
2010: Robin White
2009: Gerry Paist
2008: Kay Martin
2007: Ken Gray
2006: Gene Callahan
2005: Darrell Parks
2004: Jim Stone
NCLA is curated. NCLA's professional development offerings are chosen with the utmost care and in-depth research to ensure that they are highly relevant, valuable, and meaningful to the specific field of CTE administration.
NCLA is all about innovation. NCLA members are always looking for fresh ways to improve the outcome for their students and communities, and NCLA makes it easier to discover the innovative resources that will make the difference.
NCLA is fun! The boutique-style, small-conference vibe of NCLA lends itself to personal connections that go beyond the norm. NCLA members are passionate about learning and growing together in active community.
News You Can Use
- » Watch Video 1: "What is Career Tech Education"
- » Watch Video 2: "Stigmas of Career Technical Education"
- » Watch Video 3: "Industry in Career Tech Education"
- » Massachusetts Girls in Trades Conference-Springfield
- » Oklahoma’s Career and Technical Education is Building a Better Tomorrow
- » The Stigma of Choosing Trade School Over College
- » State Needs To Boost Voc-Tech School Capacity
- » Career Tech Education Critical to the Future of Ohio
- » Advantages to Exploring Career Options Early